Sunday, 3 March 2013

Upcycle Recycle Re-purpose

What seems like forever ago I won a lot of broken Tatty Devine jewellery from eBay. I got two broken bracelets with vinyl record charms dangling from them in Black, Red, Orange and Pink. I also had a Tatty Devine Name Necklace with an old nickname on it which I no longer wear, so I decided to repurpose it!

 

Using some small long nose pliers similar to these ones I carefully took the existing pieces apart. The vinyl records were quite frail and I am quite heavy handed so I broke a couple - but with the ones I managed not to break, I managed to create a matching bracelet and jewellery set. 

  

I used the lightening bolt from my name necklace and attached it to the similar coloured vinyl record to create a brand new piece. I love how they turned out... Have you tried re-purposing, recycling or upcycling your broken jewels?

Nanna Kate X

No comments:

Post a Comment