Saturday, 23 March 2013

DIY Fancy Button Card


I went to Liberty of London again recently (pretty sure I should just take up residency there) and I bought a pack of Liberty fabric FQs in four coordinating prints. As I was wandering around, I noticed their button bowls which are filled with cards which have 2/3/4 buttons on them, either fabric covered, or hand painted, or decorated and they ranged in price from £6.99 up to £16.99. I may be a little strange, but £16.99 for FOUR buttons?! Jeez Louise, I like a splurge but that's more than half of my weekly food budget!  

I decided to try making my own. I purchased some Plastic Self Cover Buttons (like these on eBay) and I covered four, one in each fabric. I then purchased a postcard from Paperchase with a cute floral design (black on kraft) and I pushed the buttons through the card. Finally, using my retro Dymo Jet 1855 Labeller which I purchased from eBay a while back now, I made a quirky label for the card. 

This card went to my friend for her birthday and she loved it. Have you tried to replicate any expensive supplies you've seen in craft stores lately?

Nanna Kate X 

No comments:

Post a Comment