Tuesday, 31 January 2012

My Month In Numbers January 2012

Happy New Year... Hm, well I know that's a little late, but the sentiments there and this is my first month in numbers for 2012! I hope you all had a fab Christmas and New Year, I missed out on the December 2011 MIN as I was sadly without a laptop and on Android the Blogger application / platform just isn't suitable for long-ish posts like my month in numbers usually turns out to be. So, without further ado, my January looked a little like this:

25 = number of days flat broke. Well, I exaggerate, I've done better this January than others, but why is it so hard?! I didn't use any of my December wage for presents, so I should have been able to manage the same as I do every month. But, lessons learned, next year I SHALL NOT BE SKINT IN JANUARY... I promise!

12 = firsts that I have planned to accomplish this year on (or around) the 1st of each month (work and weather permitting!). Tomorrow's will be chronicled very soon!


1 = 'first' time I climbed Roseberry Topping in Teesside on the 1st of January 2012, absolutely amazing experience and gorgeous views from the top. Even if we do live in the smog...

5.5 = lbs lost following Weight Watchers Pro Points plan. I'm sure there will be a whole lot more talk of this over coming weeks!

171 = smoke free days! Which of course means, 1710 = cigarettes NOT smoked, and £543.23 = in my pocket... just wish I had saved it for the skint 25 = days of January I had!

1 = resolutions achieved so far - yes, I tried a totally new haircut and I got a fringe! I last had one when I was about 5 and I have never had one as a 'grown up' because I have two calf licks and all the hairdressers I've every asked have told me a fringe would be hair suicide. But then I met Amanda, and she threw caution to the wind, chopping off my hair and giving me heavy bangs! I absolutely LOVE it!


£11.25 = spent on my Dymo Jet 1855 Labeller circa.1970s from eBay. On the surface you may think, why, would anyone want one of those? But, if you look a little deeper, I can tell you there's no end to the amount of labels a girl needs in her life! I adore this little thing - I always wanted one when I was younger but was never allowed one - oh well now I have one and it is the best thing I own in the world (for this month anyways!). I'll be making a quick post about my labels soon!


3 = new flowers on my Orchid. I wrote a while ago about my green fingered adventures and I am pleased to say I've nursed my Orchid (which was a stopping smoking present) through all of it's original flowers dropping off, the growth of two new pairs of leaves and now a new set of beautiful flowers.


1 = birthday cakes I've made (I've never, ever iced and decorated a cake before, or made a sponge cake of this magnitude...


And I think that just about sums it up! I hope you had a great month too, see you in February X

Nanna Kate X



Don't forget to visit Julie's page by clicking the button above!

16 comments:

  1. Welcome back Kate!

    I love the fringe + I love a good hairdresser too. Coincidentally about 10mins ago I just tweeted someone about Dymo tapes - so I for one understand perfectly about their desireable-ness!

    Thanks for joining in with a great post.

    Julie :-)

    You're all pinned to the MiN Pinterest board now: http://pinterest.com/notesonpaper/my-month-in-numbers/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, I know, they are just so amazing! I love how they look, they complete any organising project perfectly! Great response for the MIN this month, the Pinterest board looks fabulouso!

      Delete
  2. A brilliant roundup! January = worst month of the year for feeling broke. Definitely. My daughter got a labelling machine for Christmas - I have already pinched it for a few projects. Now, a vintage one - that's even better..

    Hope you have a great February too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Sian, look at all the labelling love that's outpouring :o) I hate January it sucks. Hello February! X

      Delete
  3. I have a Junior Dymo and an Around the Block thing that does different fonts (when it stays together) - both great fun. Well done on the no smoking and the weight loss - difficult to combine those two!! Love your blog background and the funky font (what is it?) Both would look good on a scrapbook page!
    Thanks for dropping by my Month In Numbers today (I read yours first thing this morning but didn't have time to write this epic comment LOL) - my crop is my monthly scrapbooking meeting - we've hired a hall and a bunch of us get together to scrap, chat and eat cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crop sounds lovely! I wish I could join in! I seem to have done ok with the smoking and weight things, but it's not easy, hence the almost complete meltdown I had yday over something which really shouldn't have upset me too much! But I am still here, and much healthier than I was when I'd have used a ciggie to get me through...
      The font is a blogger.com font, I've not been able to find it elsewhere and the background is the travel template again, blogger.com designs. I love it! :o) thank you so much for your compliments!
      And yes, epic comments, but that's what this is all about! Maybe your word count will become one of 'our' numbers next month tee hee! X

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the weight loss and the bangs!! They look great! I enjoyed reading your MiN and BTW, I love my Dymo too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nathalie! hope to see you next month too X

      Delete
  5. Great month in numbers! Huge congrats on the smoke free days! :) And the cake looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Suzie, thank you so much, I thought it was pretty cr*p really if I am honest... was a bit disappointed, didn't go according to plan... but everyone else seemed to love it, so that's gratifying enough! :o)
      Hope to see you next month X

      Delete
  6. Great fringe Kate and lovely photo of Roseberry Topping too.
    Made me a little homesick. :-)
    Have fun with your Dymo - a girl can never have too many labels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah sorry! :o) yes, the North East is somewhere I could never leave! :o)

      Delete
  7. You can never have enough labels in my opinion! Well done on the weight loss - I dropped a dress size last year on WW pro=points. I'm back on it now trying to lose the Christmas gain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn! Hopefully this time I will NAIL IT! :o)

      Delete
  8. Thanks for your comments - love the fun in your roundup and great to see a shot of Roseberry. Well done on climbing it. I look at it but haven't been up for years :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you too for your comment on my post - loving the fringe and i've wanted a dymo for ages now but never get around to getting one!

    ReplyDelete