Monday, 3 October 2011

September 2011: My Month In Numbers

My September month in numbers is a little late this month! I haven’t been blogging much lately because I’ve been a bit poorly after an operation then getting back in to the swing of things at work and catching up with workload from my time off recovering. I initially thought being off for a week or two for my operation would mean me getting lots done, lots of Uni work and blogging, reviewing and product testing; but in reality, I just wanted to sleep off the pain killers and rest.

Anyway, I hope you’re all still with me, here’s my September month in numbers…

1 = operation! I wont go in to detail but I limped my way through September (not-so-gracefully!)


1 = also the number of weddings attended in September. Crutches an’ all. But my gorgeous jade pleated Dorothy Perkins dress rocked with my blue sticks!


2 = years old my gorgeous Nephew, Aiden, was on his September birthday. He is the most precious little boy ever, even if his birthday cake made me put 1lb on at Fat B’s (our weight loss club at work!)


7 = lbs lost this month, well I lost 8lb but, if I didn’t mention already birthday tea parties are just not diet friendly…

51 = days of being a non-smoker. According to my Quit Now App, my respiratory function is back to normal and my physical condition has improved by 60% since I quit. Pretty good going huh?

£161.16 = money saved from not smoking. That’s almost enough to pay for Christmas! I wish I had physically saved that money – but now I find myself wondering how I ever found the money in the first place. I’m just happy I don’t have to anymore – and I feel great!

86% = grade in my Financial Regulation and Supervision exam. Woop, I will be a Master of Science before we all know it!


A Bazillion = trips to the seaside resorts close to where I live (Redcar, Whitby, Saltburn, Marske) using my amazing Diana Mini and Diana F Plus Cameras which are now complete with colour flash!


£51 = spent on developing 6 films from our Lomo adventures – thank goodness I no longer smoke!

3 = hours spent watching Dolly Parton! The woman is amazing, I was blown away I love her so much more than I did before I saw her live. If anyone has a remote fondness of Islands in the Stream or Jolene or boogies away to 9 ‘til 5 unabashedly on a Saturday night out or family ‘do’ then you MUST go see her live at least once.

4th = position in our team away day ‘Quantum Challenge’ at Heart Park in Coventry. It was a pretty nice day, with a barbeque on the fake beach in the centre of the grounds, mini games including building a tent blind folded (I’m restricted when I have my sight!) and even though this type of thing is my worst nightmare, it was such a good day; the sun was shining and I got bonus fun money for my play-doh elephant!

8 = out of 10 of our reading group read their first book! Well, two read to page 100 which is a 1/3 of the way through so I see this as an absolute victory. We spent 2 = hours discussing the book which was Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult. I seriously enjoyed the night and was just so happy that there was (almost) full participation! Can’t wait for the next meeting in November…


30 = days I have a privilege parking spot following my operation! Which means all in all, despite the very poor weather we endured and the weird change in season from Summer (so to speak) to Autumn with leaves on the ground in such gorgeous colours, and then back to blazing hot Summer at the end of the month - I had a pretty cool September <3.

Nanna Kate X

No comments:

Post a Comment