Wednesday, 10 August 2011

Polenta and Pea Shoots - who'd have thought?

I get bored, particularly being on a seemingly endless diet, with the same old food. A couple of nights ago we went to Morrison's and were browsing the aisles and I noticed a simple packet of Polenta. I've had the cornmeal based product plenty of times in the past, but I just picked it up and tossed it in the basket to think about HOW to use it later. I also picked up some sieved tomatoes infused with olives and some mozzarella. I also came across some pea shoots - I've never even seen these before and didn't know you could eat them, but I decided to try them as I love the taste of fresh pea pods.

When I got home I looked at what I'd bought and, as I do so often, I thought great - I can't even made a meal out of this lot! I decided to grill a few slices of Polenta and stick a bit of the tomatoes on top, so I decanted them in to a saucepan on the hob to warm through gently.

I added a teaspoon of chilli pesto in to the tomatoes and I just added the pea shoots to the mix. I topped it with a bit of shredded mozzarella ball and came up with the most divine supper taste combination I've had in a long time!



It's probably a little sad to get this excited over food, but when you're on a diet, it's sometimes difficult to find something tasty and filling and low in calories - this was an absolute perfect dish and I loved it so much, I decided to share it with you guys out there!

Nanna Kate X

No comments:

Post a Comment